Growing Websites for Growing Businesses
SUTTONNet supplies website design, web app (applications) programming, website databases, webhosting and related services.
We do this with a 'people first' ethos, focussing on quality products, integrity and personal service.
Who we are
website development, web app programming, server management
- BA (Computing Studies)
- web programming & webhosting specialist for 20 yrs
- 40 years of programming experience, from giant mainframe computers to smartphones
- likes: weather, mountains, cross country skiing, local history, healing the land, real conversations
domain name & ssl /tls certificate sales, webpage content, hosting, admin
- BA (Hons) in linguistics, with pure maths thrown in
- ex public servant, Scripture teacher, Pony Club instructor & homeschooling mother
- likes: riding her Welsh ponies, natural horsemanship, writing poetry, reading New Testament Greek, learning OT Hebrew
web programming, maintenance of inhouse software
- John's background is beef & sheep farming, with a special focus on organic farming, soil health & retailing local organic produce
- he decided this wasn't hard enough on his brain and joined SUTTONNet
- likes: writing poetry, riding motorbikes, heavy duty thinking
graphic design, svg graphics, code testing, webpage content, review 3rd party products
- Dip IT (PC & Networking), Cert IV Web Administration
- ex missionary in PC & network support role, supporting mission staff locally & worldwide for many years
- studying B Applied Science (Architectural Science)
- likes: sorting out stuff, creating, bouldering, riding motorbikes, jigsaw puzzles, games nights
Yes, we are older and greyer than some website developers!
That helps us to understand people who have a life away from computers & smartphones. It also means we aren't as one-eyed about online marketing as some in this industry. We've been in the field for many years. We've seen online fashions come and go.
SUTTONNet likes you to value your business's online presence, but keep it in perspective.
What's special about our work
SUTTONNet tailors each website individually. Every web development project includes extensive client consultation. You get our best answer for your business needs.
SUTTONNet websites are built to last. You can add features as your business grows or changes emphasis. Staged web development plus website longevity help our clients achieve the best results within their budget.
SUTTONNet websites are fast, easy to navigate and structured to rank well with search engines. Thus most of our clients never need expensive, ongoing search engine optimisation (SEO).
We don't sell specialised SEO services. Instead, we provide software that does much of the work, along with guidelines to help clients use their industry's search keywords to best advantage. Not everyone wants to write or update their own webpages, however. So we also offer sensibly priced, professional webpage creation & editing.
Integrity & service
We value honesty in our commercial and personal relationships.
We care about our clients and their businesses. Many clients have been with us long term and have become friends.
SUTTONNet runs on personal service: no call centres, no online tickets.
SUTTONNet is a family partnership owned by Bill & Diane Sutton. We serve growing businesses:
- in the Snowy Mountains/Monaro region: Cooma, Jindabyne, the NSW ski fields, Adaminaby and Berridale;
- in Victoria, NSW and Queensland, currently up to the Sunshine Coast.
We work from home near Adaminaby. Like many home business owners, we vary our work hours to fit in family, home and community interests. Clients are welcome to visit us for a chat or to talk over website plans.
We prefer to meet with our clients face to face. We aim at several trips per year, visiting clients further afield.
Our children help SUTTONNet too, although they have long since left the wombat hole:
- John designed this website, as well as his own site;
- Teresa is a great resource on relationship-oriented business management.
The heart and focus of the Suttons' lives is Jesus the Messiah, our risen Saviour and King.
Wondering about that wombat? It's a family joke involving a local wombat plague, a very persistent member of the species Vombatus ursinus and a poem which Diane wrote.