Domain Name Registration
Renew or register domain names easily with SUTTONNet's simple, personal service. No online accounts needed: no lost passwords, no complications, no jargon.
We update your domain records for you, transfer registrations or register new domains quickly and without fuss. As a domain reseller for the Australian company Synergy Wholesale, SUTTONNet keeps track of your domain renewal dates, passwords and account details.
- Your domain name need never expire;
- Greater security & convenience, especially for NFPs & businesses with frequent changes of staff/volunteers;
- You can easily identify & discard scam domain renewal invoices, without fear that your domain will suddenly expire;
- Don't lose control of your domains if a staff member leaves or your contact email address changes.
For our hosting clients, renewing domains through SUTTONNet is an easy one-stop solution. But you don't even have to host your website with SUTTONNet in order to benefit from our domain services.
What is a domain reseller?
A domain registrar processes domain registrations in accordance with international and Australian requirements.
The domain registrar can either deal directly with the domain registrant (like you) or work through a domain reseller (like us). A domain reseller on-sells domain services for a number of registrants.
SUTTONNet applies our 'personal service' model to our domain services. We go the extra mile.
What does SUTTONNet do better?
We take care of all our clients' domain needs. We don't expect our clients to manage their own online accounts or learn to use a complex interface:
- we renew domain names, register new domains, transfer domains, arrange change of registrant after a business is purchased,manage domain passwords & update clients' domain records;
- we help our clients to understand domain rules & changes to the rules, and how these impact their business;
- we are a consistent contact point. Your domain records can always be accessed, no matter what changes happen in your business.
Why use our domain service?
Far too often - and for many reasons - domain names don't get renewed on time. Websites go down and emails no longer arrive. It's bad for business, bad for reputation and bad for search engine rankings.
Here are some scenarios we've seen, with businesses and incorporated groups that managed their own domains:
- the email address which the domain registrar sent renewals to, was cancelled;
- real domain renewal invoices were deleted along with all those scam emails;
- staff left or a committee changed, and no one knew how to access the domain account any more;
- the business changed ownership, without a proper handover of domain registration. The new owners weren't the legal registrants of their website's domain name and didn't know how to fix this.
Most businesses (and we hope yours does) get busy. Due dates can get overlooked. When it's a critical item like your website's domain name, that spells trouble.
Solve your domain dilemmas simply; depend on a reliable, experienced domain manager. We'll manage all your important domain records consistently and securely.
Do you provide domain extensions besides .com and .com.au?
SUTTONNet accesses a huge range of domain extensions for specific nations and special purposes: org.au, .com, .org, .melbourne, .college, .info and many more.
We help you work out what's most useful for your business. We'll be honest about the pro's and con's of various domain extensions and the wisdom (or not) of buying up extra domains to protect your 'online identity'.
I renew my domain names myself; can I still host my website with you?
Yes! If you're a star at managing your business's domain names, go for it.
As your hosting provider, we will need your domain name password at times. Make sure you know how to access it easily.
You can change your mind at any time; just ask SUTTONNet to transfer your domain to our reseller account.